As mentioned in my previous post, you can use Kapanga softphone free edition to send faxes via SIP protocol. However, the free edition will eventually expire and display the following message preventing you from sending fax:
“Your current license prevents you from sending/receiving faxes. Please upgrade”
A basic re-installation of the softphone does not help as the uninstaller does not remove all traces of the program. To remove the above warning and re-enable fax capabilities, following the following steps:
- Quit the softphone and perform a basic uninstallation of the program in Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel
- Remove the following file “Documents and Settings[username].lic” where [username] is your Windows logon username
- Remove the folder “Program FilesKapanga Softphone” and all its contents
- Remove the folder “Application DataKapanga Softphone” and all its contents
- Re-install the softphone.
The prompt should disappear and you will be able to send fax again.